- An international leader in pediatric solid tumor research
- Director, International Outreach Program, JudeChildren’s Research Hospital
Rodriguez-Galindo serves as the International Outreach Program director and an executive vice president. He will also chair the newly created Department of Global Pediatric Medicine and hold the Four Stars of Chicago Endowed Chair in International Pediatric Research.
A native of Spain, Rodriguez-Galindo came to St. Jude in 1994 as a postdoctoral fellow and served as a clinical researcher and faculty member for more than a decade. He focused on developing new therapies for retinoblastoma, sarcomas and rare childhood cancers.
He returns to St. Jude from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children’s Hospital, where he was director of the Pediatric Solid Tumor Program, medical director of the Clinical and Translational Investigations Program, and director of the Global Health Initiative in Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorders. He also served as professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School
MD – Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Honors & Awards
- 2016-2017 Baldrick’s Consortium Research Grant
- 2014 Innovation Award, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- 2010 Holcombe E. Grier Award for Excellence in Teaching, Dana-Farber/Children’s Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School
- 2004-2006 Translational Research Award, Children’s Oncology Group
- 2004 Outstanding Clinical of the Year, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- 2001 Imminent Scientist and Outstanding Scholar of the Year, International Research Promotion Council (Asia-Pacific Chapter)
- 2000-2001Teaching Award, Pediatric and Medicine/Pediatric House Staff, University of Tennessee
- 1998-1999Teaching Award, Pediatric and Medicine/Pediatric House Staff, University of Tennessee