A stellar group of ECN donors continue their support to Egypt’s cancer patients
Enthusiasm from donors to support 57357’s new recreation therapy center
Once again ECN friends and charity partners are gathered last Saturday, April 24th, 2021 at a virtual global fundraising event attended by brilliant minds and loyal hearts from different states and capitals: Cairo, Dallas, Boston, Washington, London, New York , San Diego, California, Huston , Cairo, London… to raise donations for 57357’s children with cancer.
“ The Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt (CCHE)57357 is an impressive example of giving without expecting anything in return” shared Nabila Makram ,minister of Immigration and Egyptian expatriates affairs, during the event, saluting the efforts and dedication of all healthcare givers and staff at CCHE 57357. ‘ECN is a successful initiative in enabling Egyptian /Americans to extend support to their homeland Egypt’ Makram, added.
H.E. Mr Moataz Zahran, Ambassador of Egypt to the U.S., Dr. Mohamed ElErian, world renowned economist, ECN U.S. 57357 advisory board member, and honorary president of 57357 group, Mrs Laila Pence, Mr.Dryden Pence, wealth advisors to ECN, U.S, and the two movie stars Ealham Shahin and Hussien Fahmy.
“We still managed to increase the over-all survival rate of our patients amid the pandemic and the declining revenue from the hospital’s endowment funds’, said Dr. Sherif Abo-El Naga, CCHE 57357 CEO, sharing with attendees the challenges facing the hospital since the Corona virus outbreak and the 2020 accomplishments during this tough period, highlighting areas of support from ECN:
– The establishment of the chest clinic unit offering all Corona virus related tests and consultations to hospital staff and the Public.
– The establishment of a fully automated pathology lab that is FDA approved
– ECN’s sponsorship of the C.T simulator, a vital component for the imminent launch of the cyberknife radiation technology.
– ECN’s funding of Rowa, the robotic pharmacy dispensing system that maximizes the standards of patient safety, satisfaction, and medication control.
– ECN also contributed to: the upgrading of intensive care unit & regular beds with state of the art features ensuring maximum safety and comfort.
– Replacing 57357’s worn out Infusion pumps& syringes with the latest smart technology ones enabling the highest level of accuracy, safety, and comfort
– Supporting 57357’s world standard training and education programs:
- Graduation of the 3rd cohort of the JCI quality training program
- ASHP accredited international pharmacy practice residency program, 3rd cohort
- Pharm D program in collaboration with Colorado University, 2nd cohort.
“Thanks to ECN’s support, 57357’s genomics research unit has recently acquired topnotch technology of sequencing devices including next sequencer and Miscdex Ngs sequencer that have helped in reading about 250 samples clearly and accurately and detect the virus mutation in present corona cases comparing them to samples collected from patients during the first and second wave, for a better understanding of the virus strain in Egypt’, explained Ahmed Sayed head of the unit .
Towards the end of the meeting, ECN members and friends expressed their interest and enthusiasm for the 57357’s new Recreation therapy center which is playing a vital role in supporting and encouraging patients through art and crafts to go through the tough experience of cancer treatment with serenity. “Your donations are giving patients the chance to smile and to live their lives normally’, said Laila&Sarah Pence, encouraging people to donate.
“ CCHE 57357 is blessed with great care givers, providing world class treatment and cure for its patients “, said world renowned economist Dr Mohamed El Erian, expressing his gratitude to belong to ECN and to be one of 57357’ strong supporter for ten years. El Erian donated the generous amount of 50,000 $, part of which to benefit the recreation center.
With the last minute generous donation, ECN reached the total amount of 770,000$ during the meeting.